Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Nutmeg

I honestly didn't want to post about this, but I don't know how else to say it. As I'm so far away, it's really hard to get in touch with everyone and I don't want to have to tell people this one by one. Yesterday, Nutmeg passed away. It breaks my heart that I wasn't at home to see her one last time. While I knew this was a possibility, I honestly thought she'd be around when I came home in May. She wasn't doing great over winter break, but she would still perk up when the situation called for it. I wish I had spent more time with her while I was home. She mainly stayed by herself, lying on her little blue pillow in the kitchen. We've had her for so long that I honestly don't know what my house feels like without her. I think the worst part is that I can't be at home with my parents, who honestly loved that dog like she was another of their daughters. I know that when I get home in 5 months, all these feelings are going to be as fresh as ever. I can't believe she's not going to be there, wagging her little cinnamon and sugar tail when I return.

I'm hoping that we gave Nutmeg the best life she could've had, and I'm taking comfort in the fact that she didn't seem to suffer much. Rest in peace, little pup.

5 comments:

becca said...

gface. i'm so sorry about nutmeg; she was one of the sassiest little dogs i've ever known and i'm sending karmic cchip cookies and big big snuggles your way.
LOVE, becca

Anonymous said...

Your post made me start crying again. Meggie was the best, in spite of some of her habits! Marie just called to reminisce about her. She's going to make a memory book.

Love,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear Grace, We are all so sad about Nutmeg. What a great pup and such a part of your family. Glad we all had a chance to see her one last time. I guess you will now have to raise a pint in memory of Meg!

Love, all the Roses (Chipper too)

sweatervest said...

oh no. i'm sorry, i know how sad it is to lose a dog who's been with you your whole life. that long chatty email is coming (tonight!) but meanwhile, i'm really sorry about nutmeg, but she had a good life with a family who loved her, and also got a little sister, which is all a dog can ask for.
<3

Anonymous said...

Grace-face, I'm so sorry about Nutmeg. I sympathize (or empathize) because Murphy hasn't been doing too well lately. I hope that everything has been going well and just remember - all dogs go to heaven